Mass-communication courses – BJMC
The process of communicating your message or information through mass media to a large segment of the population at the same time via a different medium (print and digital) is known as mass-communication. And nowadays it plays an influential and important role in modern society. The study of mass-communication teaches you to how to persuade or affect the behaviour, attitude, opinion, or emotion of mass at the same point of time.
With time method of mass communication has evolved a lot and now the internet is the most used method to transmit quick messages. With time study of mass-communication is evolving and currently, there are four fields that are considered major areas â€“ Advertising, Broadcasting, Journalism and Public Relations. Career options for Mass-communication field are vast for the students with strong people and communication skills, creativity, energy and enthusiasm. You need to study BJMC (Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication) to seek career in various field (Print, TV, Digital) of mass communication such as Film Director, Public Relation Officer, TV Correspondent, Screenwriter, Editor, Event Manager, Critic, sound mixer and recorder, Radio/Video Jockey, Photo-journalist etc.
- Mass Communication is generally an undergraduate major done after 10+2 with good academics in any stream.
- To specialize in a particular field of Mass communication you need to have a bachelor degree in the same field with relevant work experience.
Famous people for inspiration:
- Barkha Dutt, Consulting editor of NDTV, New Delhi
- Rajdeep Sardesai, Consulting editor of India Today Group
- Arnab Goswami, TV journalist
- Prerequisites: No
- Course Capacity: 50
- Certificate: No